Outdoor Guinea Pig Boarding
At our tranquil woodland home, guinea pigs stay outdoors in either a 3ft x 4ft timber playhouse, or 6ft x 2ft secure hutches. They will be kept separately from other boarding groups at all times.
We understand how much your little pet means to you and can send regular updates by email, Facebook or text, so you’ve no need to worry whilst you are away. We can offer single night stays through to longer term boarding.
Our guinea pig boarding service includes the following as standard:
- personal attention and care from a qualified and experienced carer
- daily visual health checks
- updates via your choice of email, text or Facebook
- unlimited fresh local meadow hay
- fresh water changed at least twice daily
- large, secure and hygienic accommodation
- access to a vet if required (at extra cost)
- complimentary grooming and nail clipping (if requested / required)
- advice and information on guinea pig care, nutrition and welfare
- a portion of healthy, leafy green vegetables, herbs and / or forage daily
- litter trays, bedding and toys
- daily clean outs
HEALTH & HYGIENE:
We will give your little pet daily observational health checks, and monitor their behaviour and food and water intake to ensure they remain happy and healthy whilst in our care. We clean all our accommodation and equipment with Ark-Klens & Ani-Gene disinfectants (leading high strength veterinary disinfectants). In addition they are also steam cleaned. We can provide additional services such as basic grooming and claw clipping if required.
Outdoor guinea pig hutches and playhouse are lined with vinyl flooring, this means they can be completely disinfected between customers and kept clean whilst in use. Whilst it would be nice for the runs to be on grass, it would not be hygienic in a boarding situation (as grass and soil cannot be washed or disinfected) and we prefer this method to ensure your pet's health and safety.
Please note, it is not recommended to keep guinea pigs outside when the temperature may fall below 10C, so we only offer outdoor boarding for them from April until September.
Lauren is at home with the animals all day, so she is there to provide care and attention throughout the day and evening.
If you would like to enquire about our pet boarding service, check availability, arrange a visit or make a booking, you can use the contact form to send an email.
Drop off and collection times - strictly by appointment only between:
Mon - Sat: 9-11 am & 4-6 pm (closed Sundays). (It may be possible to accommodate you at different times, subject to an additional charge).