We offer high quality outdoor rabbit boarding at our peaceful woodland home, near Chesterfield.
Our unique rabbit cabins are 10ft (3m) long x 4ft (1.22m) wide. They have meshed front windows, which are covered with clear polycarbonate sheets during the colder months to protect from rain and wind. The rabbit/s have access to the whole 10ft area 24 hours a day.
Each boarding group has their own individual 10ft cabin (eg: single, bonded pair, or group), we do not mix rabbits that aren't bonded. The cabins are painted with animal safe paint and lined with cushioned vinyl flooring, to ensure they are safe and hygienic and can be fully disinfected and steam cleaned between guests. They are constructed from high quality timber and include heavy duty (fox & dog proof) galvanised mesh.
We believe we are the only rabbit boarding establishment in the region to offer 10ft (3m) rabbit accommodation as well as 24 hour access to an exercise area.
Our rabbit boarding service includes the following as standard:
- personal attention and care from a qualified and experienced rabbit carer
- daily visual health checks
- updates via your choice of email, text or Facebook
- unlimited fresh local meadow hay
- fresh water in a ceramic bowl (providing a hygienic and more natural way to drink compared to plastic dripper bottles) changed at least twice daily
- large, secure and hygienic accommodation
- access to a 'rabbit savvy' vet if required (at extra cost)
- complimentary grooming and nail clipping (if requested / required)
- advice and information on rabbit care, nutrition and welfare
- SnuggleSafe heat pads in freezing temperatures, and ice pods in hot temperatures
- a portion of healthy, leafy green vegetables, herbs and / or forage daily
- litter trays, bedding and toys
- daily clean outs
HEALTH & HYGIENE:
We will give your rabbit/s daily observational health checks, and monitor their behaviour and food and water intake to ensure they remain happy and healthy whilst in our care. All rabbits must have up to date vaccinations; Nobivac for myxomatosis and VHD (aka RHD), as well as Filavac for RHD2**. We clean all our cabins and equipment with Ark-Klens & Ani-Gene disinfectants (leading high strength veterinary disinfectants) as recommended by the RWAF. In addition they are also steam cleaned. We can provide additional services such as basic grooming and claw clipping if required.
Whilst it would be nice for the runs to be on grass, it would not be hygienic in a boarding situation (as grass and soil cannot be effectively washed or disinfected, and therefore would be a disease and parasite risk) and we prefer this method to ensure your pet's health and safety.
Lauren is at home with the animals all day, so she is there to provide care and attention throughout the day and evening.
If you would like to enquire about our pet boarding service, check availability, arrange a visit or make a booking, please use the contact form to send an email.
Drop off and collection times - strictly by appointment only between:
Mon - Sat: 9-11 am & 4-6 pm (closed Sundays). (It may be possible to accommodate you at different times, subject to an additional charge).
NB **As you may already know, a new variant of RHD (rabbit haemorrhagic disease) known as RHD2 has been found in pet rabbits in the UK. The current combination vaccine Nobivac only covers RHD (1) and myxomatosis. A new vaccine called Filavac for RHD2 is available in most vets.
Here's some further information on the disease, from Frances Harcourt Brown, who was, until she retired recently, the only RCVS rabbit specialist vet in the country: